TopicHow to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error H202?
Solutions for H202 Error QuickBooks
To overcome QuickBooks error h202, you need to follow these solutions step by step:
Solution 1- Check Network Connectivity
- Firstly, you need to open QuickBooks on all computer systems that you were using to access the company files.
- Secondly, you have to turn off hosting and then click the utilities option.
- Thirdly, you need to open this PCon the QB hosting computer.
- You have to choose the network option so that you can check if all the networks are visible or not.
- Now, you need to ping all the workstations with the help of the QuickBooks hosting computer.
- Next, you have to ping the host PC from the computer systems.
- You need to use a command prompt to ping the systems.
Finally, you have to ping command syntax Ping( computer name) and then press enter.
Solution 2- Analyze Network Issue with QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- First, you need to download and then install the QuickBooks connection Diagnostic tool on the hosting system.
- Now, you have to scan the folder in which your QuickBooks company files are available.
- You need to note down the IP address.
- Next, you have to configure the firewall ports.
- You need to follow the instructions as given on your system.
- Lastly, you have to open the file where you have seen H202 error.
Solution 3- Add QuickBooks Server Information
- Initially, you need to go to the location where the windows host file is located.
- Now, you need to apply this method on the systems where you are receiving this error.
- Next, you have to browse to the windows host file location.
- You have to click the windows host file and choose open with option and click notepad.
- You need to add the IP address of the server.
- Thereafter, click the Tab key and then you need to type QuickBooks server name.
Finally, you need to press CTRL+S and then close the command prompt window.
Solution 4- Modify the Company File Location
- Firstly, you are supposed to create a new folder.
- Secondly, you have to copy the company files and files with .TLG extension.
- You have to paste the files in the new folder.
- Lastly, you are supposed to open company files in the multi-user mode.
Solution 5- Configure QB Database Server Manager
- First, you need to open the RUN command box
- Now, you have to type services. MSc in the search bar and press enter.
- You need to search for QuciKBooksDBXX.
- Next, you have to double click on the QuickBooksDBXX and then click stop option.
- You are required to choose the start option as automatic.
- Finally, you need to open QuickBooks files once more.
Solution 6- Rename .TLG and .ND File
- Initially, you need to close QuickBooks on all the PCs.
- Secondly, you have to open QuickBooks company files on the system.
- You need to search for .TLG files which are causing this error.
- You are supposed to right-click on the .TLG file and then rename it.
- You are required to add prefix OLD before the file name.
- You need to perform the same with the .TLG and .ND files and with this close QB company file folders.
- You have to press and hold the alt key and then you need to open the company files.
Solution 7- Repair and Update the Software
- First, you need to update QuickBooks software to the most recent version.
- Now, you have to download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Next, you need to run the QB File Doctor.
Solution 8- Repair QuickBooks in Windows Control Panel
- Firstly, you need to close QuickBooks on all systems connected to the network.
- Secondly, you have to repair QuickBooks on all computers in the Windows control panel.
- You need to open the windows control panel and then click the program and features option.
- You have to click QuickBooks and then change/repair option.
- You need to give permission to QuickBooks to make some changes to the computer’s settings to run QuickBooks.
- Now, you are required to update QuickBooks to the latest version.
- Finally, you need to check all the computers whether this error is still occurring or not.